Contribution To The Community
This award recognises businesses, charities and social enterprises that have made a positive difference within their local community.
For businesses, the entry will need to demonstrate impact made through their CSR / Community Investment programme. For charities and social enterprises they should demonstrate impact made through new and innovative projects. Contribution to the community activities could be through volunteer and charity work or by any means where the organisation has gone above and beyond to support the local community.
The judges will be looking for an organisation that by using their influence, innovation and passion has brought about lasting sustainable change that is making a difference within the local community.
The judges will want to see;
- Details of the type of positive and social impact that initiatives and projects have made on the local community e.g. specific support, enhanced learning, efficiencies, best practice, organisational growth and people development
- Evidence of positive outcomes (the judges may ask to speak to beneficiaries of your initiatives / projects)
- An overview of the planning, sustainability and / or long term impact of initiatives or projects
- Details of any existing core organisational policies or mission statements and how these initiatives align with your organisation’s values
- The judges encourage answers to be precise and to the point
The closing date for this category is 12pm on Friday 6th October.