Conditions of Entry
- With the exception of entries for Ambassador of the Year, International Trader of the Year and Start-Up Business of the Year, all entries must be from organisations who are South Cheshire Chamber members or businesses using the Chamber’s export document services at the closing date of entry, 5pm Friday 6th October 2023.
- Entries from non-members will be accepted for Ambassador of the Year, International Trader of the Year and Start-up Business of the Year subject to the specific criteria for this category which can be found on the entry form.
- Entries must be submitted electronically through the South Cheshire Chamber website. No other form of entry will be accepted.
- You may upload supporting items with your entry (e.g. testimonials, brochures, press cuttings, business plans, etc) however please ensure that they are relevant to your category and consider the judge’s time. Quality and relevance are more important than quantity.
- There is no limit to the number of category entries an organisation can submit, each entry will be judged separately by a different judging panel.
- Partial entries can be saved and re-visited. On saving a partial entry, the screen will show a link to revisit your partial entry.
- Entries and accompanying material will not be returned.
- The decision of the judges is final. The judges will not enter any correspondence with entrants outside of the formal judging process regarding their decision.
- The closing date for entries is Friday 6th October 2023. No entries will be accepted after this date. Receipt of your entry will be acknowledged by email with details of the next steps. If you do not receive an email confirming your submission, please contact the Chamber immediately. All information received will be treated in the strictest confidence, our judges are required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- The first stage of judging will take place between Monday 9th October and Friday 13th October. This stage is undertaken as a desktop review involving two independent sets of judges.
- All entrants will be notified by email on Monday 16th October 2023 advising whether they have been successful in reaching the finalist stage of the competition.
- Formal judging will take place between Monday 16th October and Tuesday 7th November 2023. Finalists should ensure that relevant individuals from their business are available during this time. Judges may choose to visit you at your business premises or invite you for an interview at a separate location.
- Finalists will be eligible to one complimentary ticket for the Business Awards Ceremony*.
- Winners of all award categories will be announced at the Business Awards Ceremony on Friday 24th November 2023. Finalists and winners may be asked to participate in post-event interviews and publicity.
If you have any questions regarding the awards in general, please call Dominic Hibbert on 01270 445408.
- Please note that you will only be asked for financial information if it has relevance to the award category that you are entering. Award Categories will not be solely judged by the category sponsor, judges from outside of the sponsorship business will also contribute to the judging process. Judges will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- *Finalists in the categories of Apprentice of the Year will be eligible for 2 complimentary tickets for the Business Awards Ceremony.